When moving from one home to another, whether you're renting or you own, you will find yourself in need of a WNY Utilities list. Making the switch should be easy! And who wants to go searching for all those numbers? So we made a list of popular companies for the Western New York area. Enjoy!
WNY UTILITY COMPANIES
Most homes in the Western New York area are heated with natural gas, but that’s not always the case. Propane and oil are still in use, but are more common in rural communities. Properties listed in the Multiple Listing Service should have the type of heating source listed. If you’re not what fuel source the home you're interested in has, have your agent contact the list agent to verify.
- National Fuel – www.natfuel.com – 1-800-444-3130
- Irish Propane – Irishpropane.com – 716-402-5868
- NOCO – Services & Pricing Options
- Reliable Propane – Make The Switch – (800) 675-8553
- Wendt’s Propane & Oil – 716-731-9826
- Erie County Water Authority – www.ecwa.org – (716) 849-8484
- Niagara County Water District – niagaracounty.com/departments/waterdistrict.aspx – (716) 434-8835
Some communities have their own water supply authorities. People living in those locations don’t use the county companies listed above. We have four such water authorities below.
- Buffalo Water Department – www.buffalowater.org/customerservice/faqs/billing – (716) 847-1065
- Grand Island Water Department – www.gigov.com/departments/water.php – (716) 773-9600
- North Tonawanda Water District – www.northtonawanda.org/departments/water.htm – (716) 695-8531
- Wheatfield Water Division – www.wheatfield.ny.us/ – (716) 693-4262
♻ Garbage & Recycling
Garbage and recycling efforts vary from town to town. Be sure to check your local municipalities website for your garbage collection schedule and regulations.
Do you need to know what company handles recycling for your town? In Erie County you can look up the recycling company on this list. Niagara county residents can use this interactive map for the recycling company information and pickup schedules. This resource even provides information regarding yard waste, electronic recycling and medication disposal.
📺 Cable, Internet & Phone
It’s common this day in age to bundle your TV, phone and internet services together. If you’re not happy with living off Netflix and Hula, you might price check the companies below.
📬 Mail in WNY
Moving into a new home takes more than just moving you and your stuff in. Your mail needs to make the big move too!
Be sure to request address forwarding through the United States Postal Service (USPS)
Your real estate agent can help keep you on track with the pre & post closing tasks you need to complete. You don’t want to be in the dark on moving day! If you haven’t yet made your home purchase in in WNY yet and are looking for someone to guide you through the process, The Lifestyle Real Estate Team would love to help. Call us at 716-228-5521.